The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team. The engineering team is building a subscription e-commerce platform from the ground up to support hundreds of thousands of orders being shipped out each day. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us to architect the future services as we continue to break logic away from our monolithic application.
Some of the projects you could be working on:
- Figuring out application security and ACL to support different access levels
- Spearheading transition to TypeScript and GraphQL
- Scaling third-party services for taxes, payments and shipping (think MQs, dedicated workers, etc.)
- Creating services and architecture for dealing with burst traffic for incoming webhooks
- Decoupling code and third-party services
As a senior technical leader you’d be:
- Architecting services and data models
- Championing for best practices and improvements in code and tooling
- Facilitating skill sharing
- Leading major engineering initiatives
- Working with Product leadership to refine roadmaps based on technical constraints and considerations
- Providing mentorship and support to other engineers
- You have 7+ years of professional experience working as a software engineer with a demonstrated ability to build & ship production services.
- We take pride in writing software the right way. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota