We’re looking for people who care deeply about customers and are passionate about building products that improve the way millions of teams work together.
- Own technical design and project execution for the team, delegating this work to other engineers on the team when appropriate
- Mentor engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence
- Make hands-on engineering contributions to Asana’s core product with a focus on overcoming tricky technical challenges and modeling practices that improve quality and velocity
- Partner with Product Management, Design, and Engineering Management to define the team’s upcoming projects and long-term strategy
- Collaborate with other leads across Asana to steward a coordinated technical strategy
- 6+ years of experience working in large codebases
- 1+ years of experience working in a tech lead or team lead role
- Experience planning projects and managing team-wide efforts to completion
- Practiced at owning and delegating technical design decisions
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and PM/Design partners to define requirements, make tradeoffs, and align on long-term plans
- Deep care for fostering collaboration and psychological safety among team members
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.