Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 175 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
We are a small team that cares about cross-functional collaboration. We encourage curiosity. We believe diverse perspectives are key to building great user experiences and technology. We believe that successful teams take the time for self care and to care for one another.
What you’ll do:
- Manage teams of engineers that collaborate cross-functionally to create tooling and infrastructure that enable excellent developer and user experiences
- Create a psychologically safe work environment to foster effective collaboration and communication within your teams, while encouraging individual creativity and accountability
- Partner with Recruiting and HR to attract and retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development
- Work one-on-one with direct reports to optimize their career paths for growth at Vimeo
- Clearly and proactively communicate business objectives, technical priorities, and design requirements back to reports
- Provide technical guidance to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of technology that your team produces
- Become an evangelist for architectural and organizational best practices
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions, and advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Thoughtfully identify, negotiate, clarify, and communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they benefit the application health, developer productivity, and user experience
- Support the Design Systems team in the creation and maintenance of components, patterns, and documentation that serve as multi-platform design systems for all of Vimeo
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Proficient foundation in front-end with a forward looking understanding of build tooling, cloud infrastructure, and best practices
- Extensive experience architecting, implementing and maintaining technical systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to empathize with direct reports and colleagues internally as well as Vimeo customers externally
- An inclusive approach to mentorship and professional growth for people of diverse backgrounds
- Experience successfully recruiting talented and caring people, and integrating them with the team.
- Experience leading and managing engineers towards making a positive impact on engineering culture and productivity
- Have effective organizational ability and can break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them in a timely manner
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs