Sr. Software Engineer, User Safety at Vimeo
At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. As an engineer in the User Trust and Safety team your mission will be to empower our team of moderators to find and dispatch spammers, scammers, hackers and exploiters by supplying and improving the tools at their disposal. If you like the idea of being one of the heroes that shields our magical forest, read on!
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve tools that enable Vimeo’s trust and safety team to protect our users, and our platform
- Work closely with our customer facing Trust and Safety teams, and other internal teams to build products to improve their day to day
- Build user facing security features that protect our users from bad actors, and search for creative solutions to common abuse problems
- A/B test new features, analyze their results, and release improvements iteratively.
- Sculpt the architectural vision for significant parts of our stack to allow for rapid iteration and long term stability.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to aid in their technical growth.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Can design and implement systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Expert proficiency in front end web development including React
- Extensive experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- An intimate knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests for complex systems to ensure continued and measurable stability
- Can collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Organized and have the ability to break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them with limited compromises by the established deadline
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently and can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of visual designs
- Experience mentoring members of your teams through architectural guidance and thorough code reviews
- 5+ years of experience, perspective and deep understanding of the trends in the frontend world
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Microservice implementation and design experience
- Experience with cluster managers like Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed metrics systems like Graphite, Statsd, or Prometheus
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs