At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators and have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
The Workspace team develops and maintains the way users manage their Videos on Vimeo. Our main focus is the newly released Video Library, which unlocks the power of video for the world’s largest organizations. We own the full supporting technical stack, millions of API requests daily, as well as the product roadmap driving the future of collaborative video usage at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Improve Video Library to better support teams with hundreds of thousands of users and videos by writing highly performant code and building new user experiences
- Define and iterate on our technical roadmap to enable rapid development of new features and long term stability
- Collaborate closely with our Product, Design and Engineering teams to help conceptualize and launch key projects
- Identify opportunities to improve our architecture and tooling across multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor and support engineers
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of technical experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience in full-stack web development, from creating frontend interfaces to building and maintaining APIs, and optimizing database transactions
- Interest in working on a large-scale system. Making products faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant
- A strong eye for product design and interactivity, and unwavering attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs