Systems Security Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
The Senior Systems Security Engineer will be responsible for coordinating with all aspects of the company to assess, design, and implement various security processes and controls. You and your team will be responsible for reviewing and testing our new services before release, partnering closely with our infrastructure and development teams to produce innovative and secure solutions. The right person for this role has a strong drive to solve security challenges within a rapidly expanding environment, and the desire to implement best-in-class security measures using cutting edge technology. Additionally, the right person has a strong track record of delivering high-quality security solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinating with all aspects of the company to assess, design, and implement various processes and controls of the company’s core corporate infrastructure/network security and business continuity programs.
- Evaluating, designing, and deploying security tools to support: vulnerability/patch management, version/change management, advanced anti-malware, network IDS/IPS, security information and event monitoring systems.
- Lead threat modeling exercises of new and continuing to evolve technologies within our corporate environment.
- Define security requirements and implement controls such as SSO, logging/alerting, and RBAC for 3rd party systems and technologies.
- Building automated tools and infrastructure for automating incident response and vulnerability remediation.
- Implement advanced endpoint protection strategies for Mac and Windows.
- Establish secure policies in Jamf and Active Directory to prevent advanced attacks on our corporate infrastructure
- Creating clear and concise documentation to formalize security processes.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 7+ years of experience in security engineering experience with at least 2+ years using cloud/PaaS technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes).
- Experience implementing controls to mitigate advanced attacks against corporate Mac and Windows Systems
- Strong understanding of Group Policy, Jamf, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, endpoint security, technologies.
- Operational knowledge of endpoint, systems, databases, orchestration/configuration as code technologies (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform), and network security engineering best practices.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest issues encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Experience in using scripting languages such as Python, BASH, or PowerShell to automate tasks and manipulate data.
- Experience with AWS and SoA
- Experience on a red team
- Experience with PCI and FedRAMP compliance
- Experience conducting third party assessments of vendors and SaaS apps
- Experience with securing mobile devices and applications