Technical Lead Manager, Engineering at Noom
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
The Tech Lead Manager will be responsible for the technical evolution of one or more areas of our architecture, contributing to the codebase and helping to build and lead our engineering teams.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get 19 days of paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 70% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4-6 years of experience managing an engineering team
- You are comfortable making direct contributions to the codebase in addition to your technical and people leadership responsibilities.
- You have a proven track record of driving complex projects with many stakeholders to completion.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You have a proven track record of growing engineering teams through great hires, fostering the creation of a harmonious culture, and finding the right intersection between expediency and best practice.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other engineers grow and realize their full potential.
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!