Accounting Manager at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Financial Operations
The Finance and Accounting Team at Gemini consists of thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Accounting Manager
Our team is looking for a motivated accounting professional to support our rapidly growing business. In this role, you will provide leadership and execution of core financial accounting processes, monthly/quarterly close, reconciling of accounts, as well as preparing accounting reports and facts in accordance with guidelines. The ideal candidate will improve and expedite the accounting close procedures across a number of Gemini’s businesses while working with various internal departments to develop financial reporting solutions and clarify accounting-related issues for both new and ongoing projects.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities, including activity report generation, journal entry preparation, and bank account reconciliation
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reports and manage state reporting deadlines
- Develop and implement enhanced accounting procedures to improve operational efficiency and accuracy
- Develop enhancements to internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist with maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, fixed assets and investments
- Reconcile the general ledger to the firm’s proprietary systems each reporting period
- Collaborate with Technology and Data teams to develop improvements to the ERP system
- Collaborate with Cash Management, Custody, Data, and Product Teams to develop new products, new processes, and monitor the reporting of internal systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA license preferred
- 6+ years’ experience in Accounting, Audit, or Tax
- Big 4 and/or public company experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting fundamentals
- International accounting and/or consolidation and/or tax experience a plus
- Significant proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Familiarity with business analytic/intelligence platforms
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage deadlines and responsibilities effectively; ability to multitask and work successfully under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.