Assistant Controller at Yieldstreet
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:02 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, December 11, 2019
YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us!
About the Role
YieldStreet is looking for an Assistant Controller, reporting to our SVP of Finance to help manage the accounting and operations functions within our Finance team. As the Assistant Controller you will be responsible for the oversight of books and records for various closed end funds. Each month you will close the books as well as oversee reporting, AP/AR and assist with the annual audit. You will work cross functionally with our operations team and assist with banking and receipts disbursements, communicate with our partner banks for billings and payments as well as manage loan payments on a weekly and monthly basis. If you are looking to join a scaling organization focused on disrupting the digital wealth management industry, apply below.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the timely, efficient and accurate operation of the accounting and financial reporting
- Responsible for overall management of the financial reporting process working with the fund administrator
- Review and approve annual operating expense budgets, monthly expense payments and monitor budgeted versus actual expenses
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to internal parties
- Analyze and calculate performance metrics for partnerships and accounts as well as for each investment
- Monitor fund expense ratios and make sure they are in line with the projected budget
- Coordinate with YieldStreet’s independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators
- Manage transactional processing performed within YieldStreet’s accounting function
- Coordinate the completion and review of month-end financial reconciliations
- Manage completion of month-end reporting packages, including conducting first review and estimating and posting monthly closing accruals
- Own and promote standardized processes and controls, and play an important role in projects relating to the operations of the accounting function
- 8+ years accounting experience within public accounting and investment management
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis
- Outstanding communicator and a solution focused problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to proactively present and escalate ideas, suggestions and problems to ensure continuous improvement
- An exceptional eye for detail, whilst working within strict timelines
- Tenacious and a strong sense of ownership over assigned tasks
- Ability to adapt to change and continuous business improvement
- Proactive and methodical approach to work
- Experience with NetSuite or other cloud-based ERP essential
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites in our work hard/play hard culture. We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!
Read Full Job Description