About the Role
Yieldstreet is looking for a creative, smart, and driven individual to be our first Capital Markets Director. You will be responsible for developing our funding strategy. In this highly visible role you will work cross-functionally with Investments, Finance, and Product to execute on this roadmap. The ideal candidate will have strong capital market relationships, technical and interpersonal skills, and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Run financing processes to source and secure debt capital solutions that optimally fit the company’s goals
- Lead due diligence processes to help financing counterparties understand Yieldstreet’s business model and asset class verticals
- Build financial models to analyze the impact of various debt funding strategies
- Collaborate with internal and external counsel to structure and negotiate documentation with financing counterparties
- Partner cross-functionally with Investments, Finance, and Product teams to drive strategy and optimize tactics as it relates to capital markets
- Create compelling investor presentations and marketing materials for presentation to various potential financing counterparties (e.g. marketing teasers, presentations, private placement memorandums)
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of debt capital markets experience in structured products, either at an investment bank, alternative lender, asset manager, rating agency, or law firm
- Strong relationships with corporate, structured product and securitization funding sources, including global and regional banks, insurance companies, pensions, endowments and family offices
- Experience structuring and executing structured product and ABS financing transactions, including warehouse facilities, loan sales / forward flow, and/or securitizations
- Ability to manage projects independently, and think creatively and critically in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Hustle, creativity and passion
- Clear communication, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail
Bonus points for:
- A strong understanding of alternative investments
- Yieldstreet asset class expertise
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in transitioning out of a bank or fund who is passionate about helping investors gain access to a variety of products at above market yields. You recognize the need for more people to access alternative investments and want to help us on our journey of putting millions of people on the path to financial independence!
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $2B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.