About the Role
Yieldstreet is looking for an experienced professional that can lead Yieldstreet’s Third Party Fund strategy. The Third Party Fund Strategy is a nascent, but fastest growing asset class within Yieldstreet. The professional will be responsible for selecting and underwriting LP and co-investments with Third Party Fund managers. The investments will be across all asset classes and types of funds, for e.g., Private Equity, Venture Capitals, Credit funds, Dislocation funds, etc.
The Director will be responsible for building a new vertical within Yieldstreet, hiring a team, building long term strategy and executing on the strategy. They will help craft the broader strategy of Yieldstreet. The role will report to the CRO / GM, Investments.
What you'll do:
- Develop an investment thesis across asset classes, type of funds, and capital stack for investment. Use the thesis to invest in LP interest and co-investments with Third Party Funds.
- Build relationships with top tier Third Party Fund Managers.
- Analyze and underwrite LP investments in Third Party Funds
- Partner with the Yieldstreet credit teams when specific asset class expertise is needed.
- Present to the investment committee of Yieldstreet
- Ideate on the distribution structures and strategy for each of these funds.
- Conduct webinars, and build the branding and messaging to support the launch and marketing of selected funds
What you’ll need:
- At least 10 years of investment experience, with at least 5 years experience selecting and underwriting LP interests and/or co-investments with Third Party Fund Managers
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Deal execution oriented with a readiness to roll up your sleeves and manage a process end to end
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines and geographies
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $2B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.