Head of Payments at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Gemini Payments
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and the fiat payment services are a critical component to the company. Our team is looking for a motivated professional to support our rapidly growing business. The ideal candidate will communicate and collaborate cross-organizationally with various departments in the company to ensure that our customers can easily move fiat money on and off of Gemini’s platform, and that these movements are all seamlessly accounted for within Gemini’s financial statements.
The Role: Head of Payments
Our professionals combine systematic analysis and detailed roadmapping to assist in the definition of product initiatives across the company. In this role, you will serve as the strategic decision maker and responsible leader to a new team tasked with growing and refining all of Gemini’s payment rails, treasury operations, and accounting and ledger development. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple business teams and organize and maintain a roadmap that impacts internal users and customers alike as Gemini continues to scale its customer base and product suite.
- Build a best in class fiat payment platform from strategy through bank integrations, payment platform integrations, and third party vendor integrations, facilitating the reconciliation and accounting of all fiat monies moving through Gemini’s ecosystem
- Fortify Gemini’s internal and proprietary platforms to enable further scale and growth
- Implement treasury management, foreign exchange, and accounting systems
- Continue to grow Gemini’s suite of fiat currencies and localized banking partners through geographic expansion; continue to focus on customer acquisition and conversion within localized markets as it pertains to moving fiat monies in and out of Gemini’s ecosystem
- 10+ years of experience working within the following types of environments: neobank services, payment processing, electronic funds transfer, and/or cross-border payments
- In depth knowledge of the global banking rails (e.g., wires, debit and credit card processing) and localized widely-accepted payments methods (e.g., ACH in the U.S.; FPS and CHAPS in the U.K.; Boleto in Brazil, etc.) and how to effectively integrate with, support, and manage them
- Experience in integrating with banks via common API and file sharing technologies
- Experience in the development of cash reconciliation and ledger management programs and processes
- Experience working in a high growth, multi jurisdictional environments
- Background working in and understanding of banking and money movement services
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance and operational functions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.