Lead, Consumer Finance Compliance, Credit Cards at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial and regulatory compliance in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes
The Role: Lead, Consumer Finance Compliance, Credit Cards
Gemini is looking for a cards compliance professional to help facilitate the upcoming launch of the Gemini Credit Card; an innovative credit card product that offers users Bitcoin rewards. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick study who is comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. This is a unique opportunity to make a real, immediate impact in an exciting new technology at an industry leading firm well-positioned for success.
- Issue management – Manage the tracking and remediating of issues related to Gemini’s compliance management system. Contribute to the development and execution of plans to address remediation efforts and testing review findings, which may include process updates, documentation and/or training.
- Compliance monitoring and testing – Assist in the design and implementation of the regulatory compliance monitoring & testing framework to provide independent, risk-based monitoring of regulatory compliance.
- Customer complaints – Assist in researching and resolving customer complaints including identifying and tracking significant complaints and patterns of complaints.
- Engage with partner banks on issue management, compliance monitoring and testing, and audit/examination management.
- Provide recommendations to drive change across the cards compliance management system for the enhancement of compliance processes by identifying opportunities for efficiencies and improved policies, procedures, and controls.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on regulatory compliance or compliance monitoring and testing.
- Strong understanding of credit card industry practices and disciplines ideally having implemented and/or developed compliance monitoring frameworks in the past.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory requirements related to credit card issuance including BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, UDAAP, EFTA, TCPA, and GLBA.
- Proven track record in developing practical compliance solutions through proactively working with the business to solve problems.
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, MBA, CRCM.
- Working knowledge of digital asset trading and blockchain technology.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.