Manager, Corporate Accounting
Noom is looking for a Corporate Accounting Manager where you will have the opportunity to classify, record and translate our core product transactions into reliable accounting data in accordance with GAAP requirements. In your role, you will partner with the Corporate Controller, VP of Finance and other business teams, as well as take part in designing and implementing new processes, financial systems, and accounting policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, technologically inclined, results driven and would thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. This is a great opportunity to take on a Corporate accounting role, as well as obtain great experience in operational and technical accounting in the consumer and enterprise health and wellness space.
What You'll Do
- Reconcile internal data to accounting posted balances and perform complex bank, selected assets and liability accounts reconciliations at consolidated and local accounting levels for each entity
- Ensure all supporting documentation for balances in these accounts is compliant with SOC and GAAP standards
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls including contact with budget owners and other internal resources to ensure completeness
- Partner with the operations team and perform daily inquiries on unusual transactions
- Review Quickbooks journal entries and participate in transition to new ERP
- Ensure inter-company entries and balances match cross entities and participate in the automation of reevaluation and elimination processes for consolidation after ERP migration
- Assist with the preparation of monthly reporting package, and prepare monthly working papers prepared for the monthly / quarterly / annual closing, including communication to investors and other key stakeholders
- Assist in improving, developing and documenting accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Work with cross-departmental teams to understand any potential changes and the impact on accounting systems and processes.
- Participate in defining the required adjustments from an accounting process perspective
- Support external audit and miscellaneous reporting requirements
- Assist and/or lead various financial systems implementation projects
- Maintain Financial System administration (such as access controls, creation of roles, reports integrity, mappings, subsidiaries mapping and roll-up etc.)
- Mentor, coach and train Finance professionals
- Participate in the design of Finance related trainings and on-boarding across the organization
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or relevant field – CPA strongly preferred
- At least 5-6 years of relevant accounting experience at an operating company
- Experience at a corporate accounting department of a public company or experience working for a public accounting firm
- Experience with high volume transactions and global complexity
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems
- Strong analytical mind and an eye for detail
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
- Ability to partner with operation; communicating accounting concepts in simplistic terms
- Proactive approach – don’t wait to be told, go and do!
- Effectively prioritize tasks and projects
- Clear and concise communication habits
- Flexibility working off-hours if it is necessary to complete the close process and reporting requirements
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom's rocketship-- revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture