Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Role: Senior Accountant
Our team is looking for a motivated accounting professional to support our rapidly growing business.
You will make a huge impact and play a key role in identifying, spearheading, and leading process improvement projects, enhancing our monthly close process, and so much more!
The ideal candidate will improve and expedite the accounting close procedures across a number of Gemini’s businesses while working with various internal departments to develop financial reporting solutions and clarify accounting-related issues for both new and ongoing projects.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and flux analysis related to digital assets
- Maintain supporting schedules for various entities and accounts, and assist with discrepancy resolutions
- Assist in the development and implementation of scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate close process and financial reporting
- Work on automation projects to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly close process
- Develop new policies and procedures and assist in the design and implementation of internal controls
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Cash Management, Custody, Data, Finance and Product Teams
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities to reduce manual effort
- Provide support for internal and external audits related to specific areas of responsibility
- Ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA license preferred
- 3+ years’ experience, preferably a mix of Big4 and fin-tech or financial services industry experience
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting fundamentals
- Significant proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage deadlines and responsibilities effectively; ability to multitask and work successfully under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
- Great analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with Looker, Netsuite / Sage, Floqast is a bonus
- Basic knowledge of blockchain technology and the crypto industry
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.