About the Role
Our Investment Team is looking for a dynamic, thoughtful and team-oriented credit underwriting professional. The Senior Analyst will report to the Head of Underwriting for Private Business Credit and will play an integral part in the growth of YieldStreet's platform. In this role, you will be responsible for the screening and diligencing of potential transactions which includes the completion of a full credit underwrite, preparation of credit committee memoranda, development of investor facing materials, and coordination of the final closing. We have deployed over $2.0B to-date across all asset classes and are looking to grow to $1.0B plus per year.
Since our May 2020 launch, Yieldstreet Private Business Credit has originated $350M in new investments to growing consumer and commercial finance companies, making us one of the market leaders in specialty finance. Our investment structures include participations, direct loans and leases, and asset acquisitions.
What you'll do:
- Lead underwriting on structured loan transactions.
- Collect and analyze Originator and Credit Opportunity information to determine credit worthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines.
- Develop financial models and other Excel based tools to assess the Credit Opportunity related to risk.
- Articulate financial concepts and information pertaining to Credit Opportunities through a written memorandum for internal and external audiences.
- Assist in tasks across functions including: origination, underwriting, structuring, portfolio management, operations, technology and marketing.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of transactional based credit underwriting experience
- Experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or financial valuation; preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance or assessing risk exposure
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Deal Execution Oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced startup environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience in modeling projected financial performance of large portfolios of receivable assets, running base case and downside case scenarios
- CFA or MBA in finance/accounting
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $2B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.