About the Role:
Join Yieldstreet’s growing Commercial Real Estate team as a Senior Associate in our New York office. You will identify, analyze, and execute on equity, preferred equity, and debt opportunities across North America. You will need to possess relevant experience and a vested interest in working on complex transactions across property types and the entire capital structure. Applicants with equity investment experience highly preferred.
Yieldstreet’s Commercial Real Estate team has a highly flexible mandate in terms of target geographies, asset classes, and investment structures. You will be working in a lean team with significant growth runway, providing candidates with the opportunity to work in a flat environment that encourages team members to expand their skillsets.
What you'll do:
- Screening and underwriting real estate investment opportunities across the capital stack and in various geographies
- Drafting investment memorandums / presentations detailing deal merits, financial metrics, risks and mitigants, and market data
- Executing transaction legal documentation and deal closing
- Build and maintain relationships with potential partners and industry participants
- Work in collaboration with various departments (such as marketing, product, operations, etc.) to facilitate the closing and launch of the transaction on Yieldstreet platform.
- Traveling as needed for the role
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of experience in real estate equity investment
- Extensive complex financial modeling experience and strong understanding of finance/real estate concepts
- Experience with transactions involving multi-tiered joint venture waterfalls or similar structures
- Familiarity with major concepts and structures in joint venture agreements and loan agreements
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, with an ability to envision the “big picture” while maintaining a hands-on approach and a close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels within an organization
- A proactive self-starter mindset with an ability to manage competing workstreams / deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $2B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.