Senior Payroll Specialist at Yotpo
Yotpo is continuing our explosive growth by seeking a US Payroll Administrator. As our first ever US employee in this role, you will quickly become a very integral member of our global finance team. This will be a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position that will require attention to detail, organization and acting as a team player with the goal of preparing and processing accurate and timely US payroll. You will manage all payroll-related tasks and transactions, and serve as the primary liaison between the Finance department, the employees & the Human Resources team.
You've likely seen us when you shop online, but you might not even know it. Yotpo is the leading eCommerce marketing platform, helping thousands of forward-thinking brands like Rebecca Minkoff, MVMT, Bob’s Discount Furniture, and Steve Madden accelerate growth. We’re a Series D, Forbes Cloud 100 company with offices in New York, London, Boston, and Tel Aviv.
- Prepare, process, and reconcile semi-monthly payroll for over 200 US employees in multiple states (mainly NY), ensuring paychecks are correct and delivered on time.
- Work closely with the corporate (located in Israel) to identify areas for improvement, implementing new processes to allow for streamlined global communication and efficiency.
- Play a significant role in the implementation of a new payroll system.
- Report directly to the Global Payroll Manager, who sits in Tel Aviv.
- Be a point of contact for inquiries and requests relating to payroll, providing assistance to employees and assisting with ad-hoc projects.
- Ensure compliance with labor and tax laws, and relevant payroll statutory requirements, for reporting, tax filing, and payroll.
- Generate and distribute required internal payroll reports on a scheduled basis (bi-monthly, quarter end), and prepare information for external audits.
- Handle end-to-end employee life cycle, on-boarding & off-boarding processes.
- Perform monthly reconciliation and analysis of salary expenses, group benefits, bonus expenses, payroll taxes, PTO, flex spending accounts, manual payroll checks, and employee deductions.
- Be responsible for payroll tasks related to 401K & health benefits, working closely and jointly with the HR team.
- Maintain general ledger account structure to achieve transparent payroll accounting, and to prepare accounting transactions.
- Oversee the preparation of year-end reports and W2 forms.
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience processing payroll, preferably within a technology company
- CPP certification
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll legislation, and all laws impacting payroll
- An ability to initiate processes cross-functionally, both according to Finance guidelines and independently
- A detail-oriented and accurate approach in tandem with tight deadlines and goals
- Self-directed, proactive tendencies with a strong sense of personal accountability
- An ability to simultaneously work both autonomously and with a team-oriented focus
- Previous experience with full control of Trinet, ADP and/or Fidelity - extra kudos for experience with more than one
- A can-do and devoted approach, with a focus on consistently providing a pleasant experience
- Extra kudos for a BA in Finance or related
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Benefits and Perks:
- Comprehensive healthcare: medical, dental, life, and vision
- 401K matching
- Generous PTO and summer flex days
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchen of snacks and beverages
- Company outings and happy hours
- Individualized rewards and recognition
- Wellness and philanthropic programming and events
- Working with game-changing technology and the most progressive brands in eCommerce
Yotpo’s employee-centric culture has earned us coveted spots on the Crain’s New York Business Best Places to Work and BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work lists. Directly inspired by employee feedback, Yotpo programming includes diversity & inclusion efforts, a mentorship program, and affinity groups like Yotpo Cares and Women at Work. You’ll be working alongside awesome people where your voice is heard and your perspective encouraged.
Yotpo champions diversity - we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.