Thank you for your interest in joining the Yieldstreet team! Our mission is to empower people by helping them realize their next level, and we remain committed to supporting our employees, investors, and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some of the ways we've been responding to the crisis.
About the Role
Yieldstreet’s Investment Team is looking for a Sr. Investment Associate to join our Art Finance vertical. You will report to the Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer of Athena Art Finance and play an integral part in the growth of Yieldstreet's Art Finance asset class. You will be responsible for all matters related to existing and new deal execution including the full credit underwriting process, preparation of credit committee memoranda, development of investor facing materials, and final closing coordination, while working collaboratively with several internal and external stakeholders. Yieldstreet has originated over $300M in loans to date, making us one of the leading speciality finance companies in the art-backed loan space globally!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Yieldstreet’s mission of helping investors Realize Their Next Level. You recognize the need for more people to access alternative investments and want to utilize your expertise to change the way wealth is created and help millions on their path to financial independence.
While we are currently working remotely, this role will be based out of our NYC headquarters.
What you'll do:
- Conduct borrower and guarantor due diligence, including analysis of loan structure and creditworthiness
- Oversee the art collateral from a credit perspective, namely validation of authenticity, title, final valuations, possession and insurance
- Work directly with insurers and brokers on all art insurance needs to protect the lender’s collateral position
- Review all loan documents to ensure alignment with term sheet and that all protections are fully captured
- Prepare engagement letters and closing statements
- Coordinate with Investment Operations on loan fundings and compliance with bank credit facilities
- Prepare, coordinate and complete all credit memos and submissions to credit committee
- Prepare, coordinate and complete all Series Note Supplements and Offering pages to internal Marketing and Legal teams
- Respond to all borrower inquiries, namely additional loan requests/paydowns, collateral consignments to auction houses and galleries, and loans to museums and fairs
- Monitor existing loan portfolio to ensure existing loans are either renewed or repaid at maturity
- Review and monitor monthly borrower invoices, and ensure all calculations and fees charged and billed are accurate
- Coordinate due diligence requests related to year-end banks audits, field exams, bank financings and third-party RFPs
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 years of transactional based credit underwriting experience
- Experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or financial valuation; preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Deal Execution mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced startup environment
Bonus points for:
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more! While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, we're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown Manhattan and our building is close to most major subway lines.
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.