Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Senior Manager [Director] of Total Rewards to lead our total rewards function, implement competitive and equitable compensation structures, maintain and improve our company stock program, and craft our company benefit plans. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a desire to own and develop a function that has a deep impact across the company to attract, retain, and build top-tier talent.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Chief People Officer and be based out of our growing New York or Austin office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Own the compensation function by building and maintaining our job architecture framework, job banding, and pathing consistent with market practices.
- Assist in the implementation of programs and systems from the ground up (401k, HRIS, etc) including the launch of our compensation systems and processes within Workday.
- Work collaboratively across the People Operations and Finance teams to run our stock program.
- Develop, maintain, and administer variable pay programs, including our Sales commission plans to recognize performance and achieve the right balance of fixed and variable compensation.
- Continuously evaluate the efficiency of our rewards programs to verify they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and assess market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
- Ensure all salary ranges are reviewed and refreshed as necessary. New roles are market priced to slot into appropriate ranges; apply geographic differentials to recognize the cost of labor variation by location.
- Play a key role in executing our biannual compensation cycles, including base, bonus and equity.
- Liaise with external benefits partner to design and administer employee benefit programs
- Develop compensation reports and tools to inform compensation program decisions.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on topics related to compensation.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support total rewards projects.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 7+ years of progressive experience in compensation for a multi-state employer.
- You like digging into the numbers and enjoy capturing and interpreting data to advise your decisions.
- You are meticulously organized, with a fine attention to detail, and a skillful communications approach at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information in an easily digestible format
- You have demonstrable experience with benefits administration and related HRIS and/or ERP systems, as well as stock-related software.
- You are highly skilled in Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides.
- Working knowledge of HCM software (Workday a plus!) and data reporting and manipulation
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert in compensation principles, practices, and analysis
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.