Policy Manager, Trust & Safety
Vimeo is the platform of choice for an enormous community of creators, creative professionals, and businesses, and our Trust & Safety team is responsible for keeping the Vimeo ecosystem inspiring, entertaining, and safe. As the Policy Manager of Trust & Safety, you will be at the forefront of these efforts. You’ll work closely with our General Counsel and the Sr. Director of Community + Support to lead the process for how Vimeo’s Terms and Guidelines are enforced consistently by the Trust & Safety team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop internal and external policies and guidance concerning the moderation of user-generated content
- Help manage the company’s response to high-profile incidents
- Acting as the final escalation point for all Policy, Community Guidelines, and Terms of Service-related decisions and complaints, providing swift yet thoughtful and nuanced guidance in a time-sensitive environment
- Work closely with Vimeo’s Legal team concerning privacy and law enforcement-related requests fielded by the Trust & Safety team
- Isolate relevant KPIs and implement data-driven improvements for Trust & Safety workflows, including moderation protocols and user complaint responses
- Stay informed about industry-wide news and trends that might impact Vimeo’s Trust & Safety team
- Represent Vimeo at discussions about business practices designed to mitigate harmful content
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience in a Trust & Safety, or similar role
- Deep knowledge of and experience with privacy, copyright, policy creation, and the challenges of moderating user-generated content
- Strong problem-solving skills, proven critical thinking ability, and good judgment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Preferred: Law Degree or Legal Training
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 150 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.