Senior Manager, HRBP
About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the People Team:
The People team at RTR is responsible for just that, our people. We’re partners to the business and work to empower every team within our business to scale through the acquisition and development of our employees.
About the Job:
As the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner, you will report to the Head of the HRBP Function and become a strategic thought partner around all people related matters to C-level executives in support of their teams. As a seasoned, experienced and functionally capable professional, you will play a critical role in ensuring the organization drives a tightly aligned, integrated, high performance culture. You will develop, lead and communicate the Rent the Runway culture and operating style, and will play an integral role in building the organization’s capabilities. To be successful in this position, you will feel comfortable alternating between high-level strategy, and day to day tactical advice to line managers. As a key player within the company you will be immersed in the business groups you support, and be a critical link between the business groups and the wider People team. You will collaborate with other HRBPs and HR COEs to ensure consistent execution of HR programs.
What You'll Do:
- Create and deliver of all HR programs for one or more functional groups - ensuring alignment with enterprise level business and HR objectives
- Work closely with the most senior leaders of the organization providing sound HR advice and judgment on all people related matters
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Own, run and optimize all HR processes for your aligned group - including but not limited to, Compensation & Promotion process, performance management, OKR setting and tracking among others
- Identify, develop and deploy training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner closely with the legal and finance teams as needed
You Should Have:
- BA/BS degree and 8-10 years of experience working in HR, preferably in startup or growth stage environment
- Master’s Degree or advanced coursework in Business, HR or related field preferred
- Proven track record of successfully managing employee relations, HR policies and procedures
- Experience in a dynamic environment with various departments included but not limited to: engineering, technology, creative, operations, marketing, finance etc. plus ability to support and effectively partner with employees at all levels
- Must demonstrate sound judgement, and ability to navigate through ambiguity, recognizing the importance of nuance - especially as it related to communication and relationship management
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent at communication and building relationships
- Astute attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, plus the ability to use Excel and Powerpoint as business tools
- Scrappiness and entrepreneurial spirit - must thrive in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment and effectively handle competing priorities
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.