About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the People Team:
The People team at RTR is responsible for just that, our people. We’re partners to the business and work to empower every team within our business to scale through the acquisition and development and growth of our employees.
About the Job:
As the Sr. HR Business Partner for corporate functions, you will become a strategic thought partner around all people related matters for our non-tech corporate teams. As a seasoned, experienced and functionally capable professional, you will play a critical role in ensuring the organization drives a tightly aligned, integrated, high performance culture. You will develop, lead and communicate the Rent the Runway culture and operating style, and will play an integral role in building the organization’s capabilities. You will feel comfortable alternating between high-level strategy, and day to day tactical advice to line managers and employees. As a key player within the company you will be immersed in the business groups you support, and be a critical link between the business groups and the wider People team. You will collaborate with other HRBPs and HR COEs to ensure consistent execution of HR programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and deliver of all HR programs for our US based non-technical corporate teams - ensuring alignment with enterprise level business and HR objectives. This includes the marketing, creative, fashion, finance, legal and revenue teams.
- Work closely with the most senior leaders of the organization providing sound HR advice and judgment on all people related matters.
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Own, run and optimize all HR processes for your aligned group - including but not limited to, Compensation & Promotion process, performance management, OKR setting and tracking among others.
- Identify, develop and deploy training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner closely with the legal and finance teams as needed.
- BA/BS degree and at least 6 years of experience working in HR, preferably in startup or growth stage environment
- Proven track record of successfully managing employee relations, HR policies and procedures
- Experience in a dynamic environment with various departments and proven track record working directly with C-level executives on critical HR strategies and tactics while maintaining ability to support and effectively partner with other employees at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent at communication and building relationships
- Astute attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, plus the ability to use Excel and Powerpoint as business tools
- Scrappiness and entrepreneurial spirit - must thrive in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment and effectively handle competing priorities
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.