Talent Lead at Nowsta
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process (think scheduling, time tracking, payroll processing integrations, and reporting + analytics). We’re building the first all in one platform for scheduling and time tracking, vendor and labor management, and financial wellness. Our mission is to create a better and more human work experience for managers and employees
Employees on Nowsta can also access a suite of services to help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances. NowstaPay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they've already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to streamline operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
The Nowsta People Team is looking for a Talent Lead who will aid in building new systems and processes needed to scale a company-wide recruiting operation. We are growing quickly across all of our teams, locations, and business units and we’re looking for a Talent Lead to help us find and assess amazing talent.
This is an opportunity to join a small but growing team working cross-functionally with hiring managers in Product, Engineering, Ops, Finance, and other teams in the business. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from experienced leadership and solve interesting challenges. Plus the work that you do will have a huge impact on Nowsta’s growth. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company and help build from the ground up.
What You’ll Do
- Hit the ground running! You’ll be expected to start screening candidates by Day 2 or 3
- Assist managers with full-scope recruitment including sourcing, resume screening, scheduling interviews, soliciting feedback, managing candidates and coordinating offers
- Build a pipeline of passive talent through creative sourcing; identify ways to engage passive talent outside of just sending recruiting emails
- Manage candidate flow through Breezy, our applicant tracking system
- Create an incredible candidate experience through all stages of the recruitment process
- Represent the face of the Nowsta brand at various tech meetups, hackathons, and recruiting events around NYC
- Our People Team is small, and you may be asked to help with company-wide events and other activities
- Prior experience (2+ years) as a Recruiter or Talent Partner, working in-house to build teams
- Technical Recruiting experience is a nice-to-have; if you don’t have experience with this you’ll need to demonstrate that you can quickly grasp the concepts
- Demonstrated experience closing candidates
- Our preference is for experience working in a startup or other fast-moving environment
- Strong technical aptitude is a must. You should be comfortable working with Google Suite, conferencing software, and be able to learn new systems quickly
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- You value diversity and have ideas on how to make recruiting more inclusive.