Technical Recruiter at Orchard (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Technical Recruiter to make a critical impact on scaling our engineering, design, and product teams. You’ll partner with hiring managers to understand hiring needs, develop sourcing strategies, build robust pipelines of diverse technical talent, and close candidates. You’ll provide a high touch, best in class, candidate experience while helping engineers understand Orchard’s unique and exciting engineering challenges.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Head of Talent Acquisition and be based out of our growing NYC office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process for several technical requisitions at once, building relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Develop creative recruiting strategies to proactively build a pipeline of diverse technical talent
- Surface data insights to constantly elevate and improve our recruiting process and strategy
- Help tell the Orchard engineering story through employer branding and outreach initiatives
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 1-3+ years of experience working in an in-house role as a technical recruiter (high-growth startup experience preferred)
- Strong organizational skills. You can effectively manage a high volume of requisitions and candidates
- Strong communication skills. You can advise hiring managers on recruiting best practices and also close in-demand candidates
- Adaptability. You can handle ambiguity and are excited to work in a fast-growing and fast-changing business
- Experience using an ATS and other sourcing/CRM tools (Greenhouse preferred). You understand the importance and appreciate the need to keep data accurate and up to date
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.