Temporary Freelance Payroll Coordinator at Major League Baseball
Position Summary: The MLB Network seeks a temporary Freelance Payroll Coordinator who will assist with performing timely and accurate payroll processing and reconciliation of the Company’s multi-state bi-weekly payroll. This position requires someone who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment and who collaborates effectively with the Finance & Human Resources teams and all employees daily.
- Data entry into the Ultimate Time & Attendance system as well as the UltiPro Payroll system.
- Preparation of payroll related documents (i.e., payroll balancing spreadsheet, active employee listing, etc.).
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local pay and tax related laws and regulations.
- Preparation of bi-weekly payroll and all related payroll reports including, but not limited to, tax deposits, 941 quarterly filings, W-2’s and other year-end reports.
- Answer employees’ questions and inquiries concerning their paychecks.
- Communicate with the Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes.
- Maintain a variety of files and records related to garnishment, levies and other income executions.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
- Other such duties as required.
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 0-2 years of experience in processing payroll is required.
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll policies and procedures, federal and state regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of HRIS such as Ultimate, Ceridian or other equivalent payroll software (knowledge of Ultimate is preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Must be able to adhere to tight deadlines and to have the ability to anticipate important issues that may impact the biweekly payroll process.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function as an effective team member.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required including nights, weekends and holidays.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required.