Total Rewards Lead - Benefits and HR Communications
Greater NYC Area
Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being part of history and future success.
The Total Rewards Lead - Benefits and HR Communications will be responsible for executing and enhancing Freshly’s Total Rewards strategy. S/he will serve as the main point of contact for employees, supporting them in all areas of benefits, payroll, stock options, 401k, perks, and more. This is a unique opportunity to grow professionally and develop HR expertise, while driving programs that will enable Freshly to scale.
- Ensure consistent delivery of exceptional employee experience in Total Rewards / BenefitsDevelop and manage HR & benefit communications; Coordinate with the Employee Value Proposition, Branding & Onboarding Lead as needed to ensure that HR communications are consistent Maintain strong partnerships with external brokers, carriers and vendors.
- Reconciles and/or prepares benefit invoices to ensure proper accounting and payment.
- Modernize, simplify, and streamline benefit administration systems and process during transition away from PEOOversee day-to-day benefit plan administration of employee benefits and auxiliary programs.
- Generate enthusiasm for and drive participation in Freshly’s Total Rewards programming by educating employees and facilitating our offerings.
- Serve as contact for inquiries related to payroll, benefits, 401k, and equitySupport the planning and execution of the annual open enrollment and plan renewal processes.
- Maintain the annual HR communications calendar and HR policy documentation on a regular basis.
- Partner with the HR team members at the various sites to ensure the timing and delivery of HR messaging are tailored for the sites as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other members of the HR team to assess Freshly’s current Total Rewards program and critically evaluate potential new offerings.
- You have cut your teeth in HR, People, and/or Talent in a fast-paced organization and you’re eager to grow your skill set. You hold yourself to exceptionally high standards & maintain a big-picture view, but appreciate that the devil is in the details. You also have the following:
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail-orientation; Skilled project manager.
- 4-6 years of relevant or transferrable experience in a fast-paced, customer service environment; Subject-matter experience in benefit plan administration and compliance strongly preferred.
- Eloquent, skillful communicator (verbal and written); Able to genuinely engage with all levels within an organization.
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills in a high growth startup.
- Auditing, reporting, and analytics, including high level of proficiency with data files.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong record of academic achievement.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description