Backend Engineer - Co-Op/Intern at Postmates
We’re building groundbreaking tech solutions that power our revolutionary logistics platform to help connect millions of customers with their favorite merchants every day. We’re tackling some of the most complex technical challenges in the modern logistics space to unlock opportunities that positively impact the local businesses and communities we serve.
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, and a cool user-focused product vision.
- Pair with your mentor to build and launch consumer-facing features to millions of customers
- Optimize and tune existing systems for speed and performance
- Build data pipelines and serving infrastructure required to efforts like search and recommendations
- Work with the Infrastructure team to push our next-gen services
- Server: Go, Python, Elixir
- Databases: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch
- Platform: AWS, Google
- One year of experience with Go and/or Python
- An understanding of one or more SQL and/or NoSQL databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- You're a self-starter and strong finisher
- You write well and communicate clearly
- You prefer problems over tasks