Named one of the most powerful PR firms by Observer, BerlinRosen delivers high-impact media relations, digital strategy, and creative services to top companies, organizations, and candidates across the United States. The firm takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, with strategies honed on the campaign trail and at the center of national movements. BerlinRosen doesn’t just narrate events – we shape narratives and promote thought leaders that make change. BerlinRosen knows how to create a drumbeat of content and news stories that frame a conversation, drive a message, and create new constituencies of engaged, active stakeholders.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE DIGITAL ADVOCACY INTERNSHIP
BerlinRosen is seeking a highly motivated individual who is interested in strengthening their social media, digital strategy, writing, and project management skills.
BerlinRosen’s digital practice was launched to become a one-stop shop for our advocacy, nonprofit, labor, philanthropy, and real estate clients’ online organizing needs. We partner traditional digital organizing with new online tactics to encourage targeted audiences to take action.
Our 2020 Fall Internship Program runs from August 31, 2020 - December, 18, 2020 and is fully remote within the U.S.
As an intern, you will…
- Learn the basics of high-level digital strategizing and online organizing
- Draft content for the web; assist in creating social media strategy; track social media, email, traditional media, and website analytics as needed; and copy-edit
- Assist with a variety of digital communications- and team-related assignments and tasks as necessary
- Strong writing skills: Ability to write public-facing materials, including blogs to tweets to research memos
- Self-motivation, good organizational skills, detail-orientation, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
- Strong understanding of social media: Has managed or helped run an online community and can create an engaging social media post that follows best practices
- Digital savviness: You’re quick to pick up new digital tools
- Demonstrated interest in news, social good, and the digital space
- 40 hours per week: Interns must be able to work 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, on a roughly 9-to-5 Eastern Time schedule. Please do not apply if you cannot meet this requirement.
- Compensation: $15 / hour
- $200 stipend to be used to support your work-from-home setup (plus company-provided laptop)
- 3 days of PTO for the duration of the internship
- Access to professional development programs geared specifically toward interns and individuals just beginning their careers
While we accept applications on a rolling basis, priority will be given to candidates who apply by Monday, August 3, 2020.
*Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply to all submissions. We will contact applicants directly with requests for interviews. Please do not call to check on the status of your application. Please note, if hired, you may be assigned to a different team than your first preference