We're looking for a Fall/Winter 2020 Marketing Intern to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient – specifically by engaging key stakeholders in the oncology life sciences industry. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Throughout the 12 week internship, you’ll lead the development and execution of 2-3 email marketing campaigns targeted at Flatiron’s life sciences customers, with goals of training new users of Flatiron data and engaging new contacts. More specifically you will:
- Drive email campaign planning and goal-setting
- Draft & edit email copy in a way that is succinct, resonates with a life sciences audience and drives specific actions
- Facilitate content input and review among internal stakeholders
- Liaise with designers on email design & development
- Define & optimize distribution lists and where relevant, ensure new contacts are labeled and added to Flatiron’s contact database
- Monitor and report on email campaign metrics and key results
- Work closely with other teams, including design team, partner solutions team, life sciences partnerships team, amongst others.
Who You Are
You have graduated from a relevant field of study (e.g. Marketing, Communications etc.) and have experience with email marketing. You work well cross-functionally and have exceptional project management and communication skills. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are also a kind, passionate and collaborative teammate who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the opportunity to make an important impact.
- You have relevant internship or 1+ years of work experience, ideally within a marketing team
- You have very strong communication skills (both oral and written), and have experience in developing copy for external facing materials
- You have experience with email marketing practices and tools (e.g. HubSpot, Marketo, etc)
- You have experience managing projects in a cross-functional or cross-disciplinary environment
- You have great attention to detail
- You have interest in working in and getting a better understanding of the healthcare and oncology space
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You are able to work 5 days a week for a total of 40 hours a week
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience working in the healthcare or pharmaceutical space or creating content that appeals to specialized technical audiences
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.