The Teachable marketing team is looking for an enthusiastic, creative social media intern to join our team for the summer semester (End of June to Sept. 15th). Our marketing department produces major virtual campaigns, social media content, editorial content, paid content, and more. We’re looking for a curious, empathetic, and driven intern to join the social media team and work on content creation and more for Teachable’s social media channels.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained experience in social media strategy and content creation. You will report directly to the Social Media Strategist and can expect to gain social media strategy experience, basic graphic design practices, copywriting skills, and brand marketing experience.
*We are unable to offer college credit at this time
- Work alongside the team to create a plan for social media strategies monthly
- Help create content as dictated by the monthly social media calendar, with a heavy focus on Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok
- Assist in the growth of the brand by raising awareness through various social media platforms
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing posts
- Interact with followers and potential customers by communicating and answering questions through the company's social pages
- Assist in implementing plans to increase followers on Teachable's various social media channels
- Assist in identifying creators for campaigns and other content collaborations
- Undergraduate student in marketing, journalism, public relations or related field
- Familiarity with social posting through programs such as Later and Sprout Social, preferred
- Driven and hard-working with a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Up to date with current social media trends and news
- Ability to work remotely
- Practical experience with current social media marketing and strategy
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with the Teachable Social Media Strategist
- Opportunity to participate in company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- $15/hr compensation
- Part time only (max 20 hrs per week)
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that empowers course creators to build and sell courses on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $555 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.