Named one of the most powerful PR firms by Observer, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers, and progressive political candidates.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION PR INTERNSHIP
BerlinRosen is seeking highly motivated individuals who are interested in getting hands-on experience in the world of tech public relations, specifically working in industries like consumer technology, B2B, fintech, future of work, education and more.
Our 2020 Fall Internship Program runs from August 31, 2020 - December, 18, 2020 and is fully remote, within the U.S.
The goal of the internship program is to have our interns become viable candidates for full-time employment in the public relations industry. Please note that this is a communications, and not software/engineering, role.
Interns will be assigned to work with Technology and Innovation clients, but may collaborate with other divisions as needed. The intern will be asked to focus on a range of projects, including longer-term and day-to-day/immediate tasks assigned by their team.
As an intern, you will…
- Learn the basics of high-level communications strategizing and media relations
- Draft daily reports, build press lists, gather media clips, do media analyses and research projects, pitch calls to reporters and copy-edit
- Assist with a variety of communications- and team-related assignments and tasks as necessary
- Self-motivation, good organizational skills, detail-orientation, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing abilities: able to write clear and persuasive copy, quickly
- Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with the press and community contacts
- Demonstrated interest in news, politics and current events
- Excellent computer skills including Google Suite products, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong social media skills
- Research and database skills are a plus for work on media databases Meltwater or Cision
- 40 hours per week: Interns must be able to work 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, on a roughly 9-to-5 Eastern Time schedule. Do not apply if you cannot meet this basic requirement.
- Compensation: $15 / hour
- $200 stipend to be used to support your work-from-home setup (plus company-provided laptop)
- 3 days of PTO for the duration of the internship
- Access to professional development programs geared specifically toward interns and individuals just beginning their careers
While we accept applications on a rolling basis, priority will be given to candidates who apply by Monday, August 3, 2020.
*Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply to all submissions. We will contact applicants directly with requests for interviews. Please do not call to check on the status of your application. Please note, if hired, you may be assigned to a different team than your first preference.