Director, Product Marketing at Rhino
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
The Director of Product Marketing will lead a dynamic team of product marketers that will evangelize our product internally and externally to our entire customer base. The Director of Product Marketing’s role is to synthesize market, consumer, product, and competitive inputs into driving the highest rate product adoption and product comprehension. You should be equally comfortable with thinking strategically and rolling up your sleeves in support of your position's responsibilities.
The role of the Director of Product Marketing involves performing activities such as product strategy and analysis, product positioning to target consumers, sales messaging development, competitive analysis, and product differentiation among others.In this role you will:
- Develop product value prop, positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategy for customers, customer-facing teams, prospects, and sales
- Work with Product, the wider Marketing team, Sales, Partner Success, and cross-functional teams to gather feedback, develop, and deliver clear messaging for Rhino’s products
- Launch and promote new product to customers amplifying the message through multiple marketing channels
- Create and maintain sales collateral and training materials, including case studies, pitch decks, training guides, videos, one-sheeters, presentations, marketing landing pages, promotional videos, client emails, webinars, and more
- Create content that support our value prop and demonstrates our product and category leadership
- Develop data-driven programs and campaigns aimed that drive onboarding, activation and retention of our B2B and B2C customers
- Conduct market research and maintain pulse on competitive product offerings
- Partner with the Partner Success teams to bring new releases and major product launches into the Rhino sales playbook and drive account expansion opportunities (up-sell/cross-sell)
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing team to support campaigns that drive the pipeline
- Grow and manage a team of product marketing managers and content writers
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- 8-10 years proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager or similar role
- A storyteller who can turn complex ideas into simple, visually impactful narratives
- Experience in value proposition development, product positioning, competitive monitoring and product launch process for a new or established product
- Experience owning product-line revenue, adoption and usage engagement rates for new product feature releases and launches
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Experience conducting market, competitor, and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Experience working and sourcing freelancers to support projects and initiatives when needed
- Proven experience collaboratively working with cross-functional colleagues.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, especially to executive leadership
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member