Email Marketing Associate
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for an innovate and analytical CRM & Email Marketing Associate. Your job will be to develop and optimize an efficient and impactful lifecycle communication ecosystem that spans multiple channels and marketing end-points.
You’ll be joining the Growth Marketing Team, which partners with departments across the business to meaningfully grow The Farmer’s Dog’s active customer base. As such, your projects will be diverse in both execution (channel, creative, etc.) and goals (order rate, churn prevention, reengagement, retention, etc.).
- Test, iterate, and optimize all automated marketing communications across The Farmer’s Dog’s lifecycle (email, SMS, direct mail, etc.).
- Build new campaign workflows for triggered campaigns - including targeting, channel & timing selection, if/then scenarios, and automated tasks.
- Craft and execute a comprehensive ad-hoc email calendar that leverages content, offers, and personalization to grow The Farmer’s Dog’s customer base.
- Work closely across the business to craft high-impact, meaningful creative executions that meaningfully improve users’ experiences.
- Partner with our Tech, CX, Brand, and Operations teams to improve the utility and impact of our customer communications (order delivery, etc.).
- Explore channels outside of email to deliver the best possible experience to our customers and leads.
- 1-2 years of experience in email marketing.
- Marketing automation experience (huge bonus points for experience with Simon Data).
- Strong knowledge of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and opt-in and opt-out practices.
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative teams to launch.
- Basic to intermediate working knowledge of HTML for emails and best practices with subject lines, call-to-action, template, and content. Bonus points for working knowledge of python-based personalization tags (Django, Jinja, Liquid, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL (or willingness/interest to learn quickly)
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota