Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, integrated communications, including owned content, including our blogs and social media, paid content and earned media and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Lead/Principal, Institutional Communications
Gemini's Head of Communications is seeking a strategic communicator to help build, execute, and manage an integrated communications strategy to support our institutional product offering. In this role you will drive clear media narratives about our institutional products, business, and vision. You will create the overall strategy and tactical plans for launches, external announcements, and major initiatives.
You will work with senior leadership and a cross-functional team at Gemini across business development, strategy, product, engineering, marketing, customer support and communications to support key launches and proactive media relations programming.
In this role you will help to develop proactive campaigns that elevate the Gemini story internally and externally and educate core audiences from media to key partners, industry thought leaders and others.
Communications is a small department, so you will flex between strategy and tactical execution including everything from media relations, thought leadership, and content activation to copywriting and stakeholder engagement. You are a nimble, roll-up-your-sleeves communications professional who can easily and willingly take on tasks large and small.
- Own end-to-end communications campaigns that support our institutional offering from conception and integration to measurement
- Develop and execute reputation-building campaigns and ideas to support key senior leaders across the business
- Foster relationships with media and company spokespeople and help provide day-to-day guidance to external PR agency, under the direction of the head of communications
- Manage, create and write a wide range of communications materials and assets, including messaging documents, blog posts, press releases, press plans, media pitches, FAQs, reactive statements, webinars, case studies, and media briefing materials
- Support proactive and reactive media relations strategies to help educate press, bloggers, and industry influencers about existing and new Gemini products and thought leadership
- Manage company speaking opportunities and awards, including working cross-functionally to research opportunities and manage submissions
- Audit internal communications strategy and work with various teams to create an approach that reflects our culture, including supporting leadership communications and new product and service offerings announcements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10+ years experience in communications; proven track record of advancement and increased responsibilities
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans independently
- Experience managing relationships with external agencies/media
- Strong track record with landing top-tier media stories and maintaining a consistent cadence of media stories that raise brand awareness
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining composure and flexibility under tight deadlines
- Team player, proven ability to build strong relationships internally across cross functional teams
- Exceptional writing skills and proven ability to build trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Exemplary professionalism, strong judgment, and discretion, especially when under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience building comms strategy for the financial services and/or technology industries
- Experience driving messaging and content for consumer products
- Genuine passion for disruptive technology
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.