PR Manager - New York at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
- Support Tempus’ media relations activity by regularly pitching and liaising with both local and national healthcare and business media
- Partner with any external Communications agencies hired by Tempus to execute a coordinated media relations strategy
- Draft and distribute press releases
- Work with key business partners on joint news announcements
- Draft and handle submissions for specific awards (i.e. FastCompany’s Most Innovative Companies)
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on the creation and execution of integrated campaigns
- Partner with Marketing and Sales regarding Tempus’ strategic representation at certain conferences throughout the year to achieve PR goals
- Collaborate with the Social Media Specialist to ensure external communications efforts are being represented across key platforms
- Regular interaction with Tempus’ leadership team across the organization
- At least 5+ years of experience in either public relations, media relations and/or corporate communications
- Strong pitching skills, with experience securing tone-setting stories in top healthcare and business media outlets
- Exceptional writing skills with in-depth knowledge of AP Style
- Managing a strategic PR calendar, balancing a number of competing priorities
- Demonstrates confidence and has a strong executive presence
Required Education & Experience:
- BA in communications or journalism
- Deep expertise in PR/media relations with at least 3+ years of experience in either in-house or at a PR agency
- Established relationships with top healthcare journalists at outlets like STAT News, Fierce Healthcare, Business Insider, and etc.
- Experience securing and facilitating speaking opportunities for leaders at top healthcare industry conferences
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing