401(k) Participant Servicing Team Lead at Betterment
Betterment is a smart money manager that offers cash management services, alongside their core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, they empower their hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and Tax Smart strategies that help keep taxes low across accounts. Learn more at www.betterment.com. Betterment for Business is an award winning 401(k) solution that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it.About the Role:
The Customer Experience team at Betterment is key to enhancing our customer-focused product, supporting its users, and is relied on by every team in our organization. As a Participant Support Experience Team Lead, you care deeply about customers, drawing your energy and motivation from delighting them. You are able to pivot quickly as business needs evolve, rallying your colleagues along the way. You’re skilled in flexing between operating solo, and pitching in when the team is in need -- you’ll do whatever it takes.
As a Team Lead, you will focus on building and managing a new team of high-performing Associates who will consistently work to exceed their individual KPI expectations, foster a positive work environment and build on our team’s culture.
This role is remote eligible. Colorado has an annual starting salary of $68,000, a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of an incentive bonus. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.A Day in the Life:
- Ensure the daily activities of the team, including phone support, email support, and other related functions, are executed in a timely manner.
- Remain current on Betterment product developments to accurately coach the team on fielding customer inquiries.
- Perform regular Quality Assurance checks and provide timely feedback to your team.
- Take customer escalations as needed.
- Act as a subject matter expert for your team of associates.
- Lead projects and partner with peers on various initiatives.
- Strive to optimize team processes and performance for the benefit of your team, customers and the business.
- Work closely with the Betterment for Business Operations and Plan Support Teams.
- Management experience in a customer support environment.
- Experience in financial services, including 401(k)s, is a plus!
- A desire to work closely with management and cross-functional partners to grow a servicing team.
- Customer service, call center, or related experience working with CRM systems (Zendesk, Salesforce, Desk, ZoHo, etc.)
- Excellent coaching skills -- the ability to observe, evaluate, and give meaningful feedback
- A natural inclination to take initiative, especially in ambiguous scenarios
- A passion for Betterment’s mission to empower people to make the most of their money
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote