Application Support Engineer at AlphaSights
Application Support Engineer
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organizations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven Application Support Engineer to join the Technical Operations (TechOps) Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the Application Support Engineer therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, you will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products and technologies.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You will need to maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and be attracted by the challenge of delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment. You are proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. You are always to be looking for ways to improve your own work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed. You are excited to make the most of on-the-job and classroom-based learning, and the opportunity to dive into the field of IT through exposure to a wide array of different technologies, regions, and challenges.
What you’ll be doing:
- Troubleshoot application/software issues raised by end users of in-house built, proprietary software.
- Liaise with Engineering team to establish support workflows, monitor support queue for escalated issues, and optimize support platforms for data sharing between Tech Ops and Engineering.
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Aggregate and provide key customer insights and serve as a liaison between users and Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Work closely with Software Engineering on special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritization
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience in similar roles (Customer Support Engineer; emphasis on software support)
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Have a Bachelor's Degree
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and developing environment