Assistant Manager, Peloton Studios at Peloton
Peloton’s Content division, comprised of our Production, Studio Operations, and Instructor teams, works 365 days a year to deliver a broad offering of best-of-breed live and on-demand fitness content to our Members. We are a highly collaborative, fast-moving department that focuses on evolving our innovative programming. We’re looking for an Assistant Manager for our world-class brick-and-mortar boutique fitness and live production studio in New York City. Successful candidate will be able to create a memorable experience customized to fit each of our Members desires for each visit.
- As the Assistant Manager you will provide superior customer service while assisting Members in class reservations, membership questions, F&B orders, You will be excited to surprise and delight our Members and be part of the Peloton Studios experience.
- Takes a leadership position in managing and problem solving difficult and challenging studio situations such as client injuries.
- Works side by side Studio Manager, schedule staff, interviewing new staff along with training new hires.
- Resolves conflicts and negotiates with others: The candidate will be responsible for handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Work along Studio Manager, Operations, and HR team to report and resolve any employee relation issues
- Strategize with Studio Manager on increasing attendance week-over-week and month-over-month, striving to exceed the studio's daily attendance goal.
- Create with Studio Manager and AGM in studio promotions to increase revenue and attendance.
- Work to uphold People community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily.
- Represent the Peloton brand within the studio, with any Member touchpoint and in the fitness community at large.
- Assist in participating in and enhancing the community with your studio teams.
- Oversee the opening and closing procedures of the Studio
- Manage staff breaks
- Report and establish effective, clear communication with appropriate Studio Managers
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates by responding to emergency staff callouts and ensure that all studios are properly supported.
- Experience in hospitality, events management and/or customer service.
- Must be able to lift / carry a minimum of 30 lbs
- Must be able to kneel, bend, reach, climb, and stand for a long duration of time
- Must have the flexibility to work a non- traditional schedule (early morning, evening, weekends and holidays)
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.