Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Custody Operations
The Custody Operations Team at Gemini is a thought leader in the digital asset custody space. Our mandate is to grant the utmost security to our clients while still allowing them to have the liquidity and trading opportunities necessary to be nimble within this nascent asset class. Our innovative custody system provides our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Associate Director, Custody Operations
Our team is looking for an experienced and motivated professional to manage our rapidly scaling business. In this role, you will oversee our Custody Operations department and manage a team of professionals in executing the day-to-day maintenance of our custody solution. The ideal candidate will communicate and collaborate cross-organizationally with various departments in the company to ensure that our clients’ assets are secure and that their liquidity needs are being met. This individual will report to the Head of Finance.
- Responsible for the oversight of Gemini’s Custody Operations department ensuring the end-to-end process requirements are being met
- Manage the company’s custody infrastructure, department budget, operations personnel, and network of secured facilities
- Coordinate cross-functionally with various departments to design and implement process improvements to support Gemini’s scaling operational requirements
- Participate in meetings with regulators, clients, partners, and insurers
- Oversee custody data and reporting efforts for the company’s management team and risk committees.
- Manage the company’s liquidity, including balances required for regulatory reserves and the allocation of balances between platforms within the company’s custody infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in a professional work environment
- Managerial experience
- Based in New York City
- Willingness to travel and work in various locations and environments with limited notice
- Meticulous attention to detail and deep understanding of crypto markets
- Security and logistics experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage a budget, tight deadlines and responsibilities effectively; ability to multitask and work successfully under pressure; ability to communicate and collaborate with all organizational departments and levels. Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments and desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.