Mulberry is disrupting the $50B product insurance industry with consumer-first product protection solutions built for ecommerce. Mulberry’s browser extension allows consumers to get free and affordable protection plans wherever they shop online, and retailers can embed protection offers seamlessly into their shopping experience to increase customer engagement and revenue. We are passionate about helping more consumers shop confidently, protecting their favorite products without the crazy markups and fine print gotchas all too common in the insurance industry. We are headquartered in NYC but have a hybrid office environment with teammates all across the US.
Mulberry is hiring for an experienced Assurance Compliance Manager to take responsibility for all compliance & regulatory matters associated with Mulberry multiple entities operating in the insurance and warranty industry. You'll be joining a small, agile team and will be expected to hit the ground running from day one, with support from your department and the broader team (while maintaining a sense of humor along the way!).
Compliance and Regulatory Activities:
- Manage existing service contract provider licenses in all states in collaboration with team and external partners.
- Manage and execute action plans to establish operating entities in the US and abroad.
- Work with outside counsel and consultants to establish a knowledge base that measures regulatory compliance.
- Explore and research alternative compliance practices to ensure the broadest product offerings possible while establishing scope of coverage that is in the consumer’s best interest.
- Create & maintain knowledge sharing practice inside of the Mulberry wiki to ensure clear communication of regulatory affairs on a real time basis
- Identify key regulatory associates inside of the various governing bodies and cultivate relationships and goodwill highlighting Mulberry’s consumer first mission.
What We’re Seeking:
- 4-6 years of experience in compliance & regulatory preferable in the service contract industry
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Driven and ready for a challenge - able to take initiative
- Passion for process & efficiency
- Solutions-oriented & able to problem solve in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to take on multiple tasks simultaneously, while managing and meeting deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative - a go-getter!
- Empathetic, smart and ambitious
- Technical, detail-oriented mindset, with the ability to analyze and synthesize data
- Can-do attitude: no task is too small or too large
- Down-to-earth, engaging personality
- Great sense of humor!
- Experience working in the insurance or ecommerce spaces
- Experience working for a startup and/or hyper-growth enterprise
- Extensive customer-facing or vendor management experience
- You’ve built out new systems, processes and/or methodologies that are still in use at current or past companies
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a rapidly growing Series B funded startup
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO (minimum 15 days off required)
- Paid sabbatical after 3 years of tenure
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!