Chief of Staff to the CEO at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
As the Chief of Staff, you are a strategic thinker and operational doer who will solely concentrate on the most meaningful organizational focus areas at a fast growing technology innovator. You will report to the CEO, be a key member of the executive leadership of Foursquare and be a collaborative partner across all functional areas of the business. The Chief of Staff role is a strategic one as you will be both a thought partner to the CEO and, at times, a delegate on his behalf. Your remit will include exciting and varied challenges across our global footprint and you will be measured by your ability to increase leverage and velocity for the CEO and the entire executive team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work directly with the CEO to set the strategic direction and operational priorities of the Company and Executive team
- Partner with the Executive team to drive strategic planning
- Drive cross-functional projects including measuring progress and driving to successful outcomes
- Manage weekly executive staff meetings including, but not limited to, setting the agenda, providing insights and analysis to inform strategic conversations and tracking follow through to increase accountability
- Lead or partner on special projects driven by the CEO across all operational areas of the business
- Act as a proxy for the CEO, advising key leaders on best practices for getting alignment on decisions
- Drive content creation and agendas for key internal and external purposes (investor presentations, Board materials, key client meetings, internal all-hands, executive off-sites, and the like)
- 3-5 years of experience at a top tier management consulting or investment banking firm
- Additional 3-5 years of experience working at a high growth tech company
- High EQ with significant experience and comfort partnering with and influencing all levels of the organization
- Team first professional with a passion for driving both strategic outcomes and operational accountability and improvement
- Self-starter with a high desire to learn and grow
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent practical experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.