Chief of Staff, Community Care at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
In this role as a force-multiplier of our COO/CHO, Community Care (dyad), you will lead strategic, operational, and cross-functional initiatives supporting our executive leadership team. The ideal candidate is highly organized, process-oriented, comfortable navigating ambiguity with ease and has a high level of integrity with managing confidential information.
- Serve as strategic advisor, providing COO/CHO, Community Care recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork
- Serve as liaison between staff, senior leadership, executive team and COO/CHO, Community Care to determine and prioritize business strategies
- On an as needed basis, create processes to improve cross-team collaboration and efficiency, such as design and prototyping read-outs and procurement approval process optimization.
- Ensure that the COO/CHO, Community Care's time is leveraged effectively, including engaging the right participants in and out of meetings and problem solving with stakeholders in advance to maximize their time with the COO/CHO, Community Care
- Work with every team in the organization on behalf of the COO/CHO, Community Care, including partnering with our marketing and communications teams in drafting communications and presentations on behalf of and in the voice of the COO/CHO, Community Care
- Own behind-the-scenes preparation to make meetings, both internal and external, successful, including the tracking, monitoring, and execution of action items that stem from these meetings, as well as attending many of them
- Ensure the executive team is operating effectively and efficiently and oversee the planning and execution of executive team meetings
- Partner with executive assistants to optimize the COO/CHO, Community Care's schedule, using knowledge of current priorities internally and externally
Requirements for the Role:
- Experience in healthcare services
- Experience in a high-growth, unstructured environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical, data-driven approach to decision making
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence + ability to navigate large, matrixes organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently with senior executives
- Self starter; Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Are an adept project manager, a critical thinker with excellent commercial judgment, and an impressive written and verbal communicator with robust organizational and analytical skills, including expertise with financial modeling
- High level of integrity and management of confidential information
How We Define Success:
- On time, high quality delivery of major project assignments
- Effective weekly management of COO/CHO, Community Care time
- Drive effective growth of leadership voice throughout and around the company
- Effective, timely preparedness of COO/CHO, Community Care for major meetings
- Effective engagement of cross-functional leaders in all major project work
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Intensive training in core business skills (e.g., 4+ years of management consulting, MBA, or similar experience)
- East Coast based preferred
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means