Chief of Staff (Technology) at Cedar
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Chief of Staff (Technology)’s primary goal is to work closely with our Chief Technology Officer and act as a levarager and thought partner in regards to defining and carrying out goals/visions for the team. In addition, the Chief of Staff will work towards supporting the development and execution of special projects (such as Cedar’s compliance program), with a particular emphasis on managing communication across the Makers side of the organization.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized, process-oriented, and comfortable navigating ambiguity with ease. As a counterpart to the Chief Technology Officer, the ideal candidate must be able to own operations and synthesize information independently, as well as forecast upcoming needs and processes for the team as the organization continues to grow. This role is perfect for someone who wants to add immediate value to Cedar’s internal processes, play a key role in program development and implementation, and work collaboratively with several stakeholders across the organization.
- Partner with our Chief Technology Officer to manage and direct internal processes
- Own delivery of strategic projects for the Engineering team
- Partner with Cedar’s Chief Information Security Officer and stakeholders across the organization to ensure the timely operation of Cedar’s compliance program
- Manage communications and expectations for the Engineering team across the organization
- Act as a partner to the Chief Technology Officer in regards to strategy planning
- Coordinate projects and reports directly involving the Chief Technology Officer
- Strive to improve current internal team business processes and communication with a focus on the Makers side of the organization
- Attend and represent the Engineering team in cross functional meetings
- Help define tools, metrics and reporting methods
- Manage additional responsibilities as needed
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedar’s values of focusing on our vision, using good judgement, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity
- 5+ years of professional experiences (Experience in the healthcare industry preferred)
- Prior experience working with Engineering teams is a plus but not required
- Demonstrates ability to improve processes and manage projects independently
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare finance experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Chief of Staff (Technology) who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.