As a Client Strategist at Trialspark, you will serve as the point person for our most important external relationships. You will need to develop a clear understanding of our customer’s goals, develop joint strategies for hitting them, and pull together a cross-functional team to execute.
Each day will bring new challenges and opportunities, from developing creative new pricing models, to troubleshooting a process with our clinical teams, to leading executive steering committees at the highest levels of our partnerships.
- Experience with client engagement management. Background in consulting, finance or other customer-facing roles preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You know how to develop a story, put together a deck, and nail the presentation. Your written communications are concise and effective.
- Quantitative and data skills. You are comfortable in Excel and can think fluently about data structures, develop models, and create effective data visualizations.
- Operationally-oriented. You can quickly break down a situation into the constituent parts, develop options, and execute on a plan. You don’t hesitate to get into the weeds, and roll up your sleeves to make things happen wherever necessary.
- Effective teammate and leader. You know giving and taking feedback is essential, and naturally bring together cross-functional teams to solve problems. You’re low-ego, high-output, and let your work speak for itself.
- An earnest desire to improve the way clinical trials are run and bring new treatments to patients in need.
- At least a BA/BS (or MA/MS) in a quantitative field
- You have at least two years of experience managing high level partnerships with large, complex organizations; leadership role in consulting or client-advisory teams is a plus.
- You’ve led teams to deliver large cross-functional projects under tight timelines
- Life sciences experience preferred
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.