We're looking for a Coordinator on the Abstraction Operations team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers, and hospitals. In this role, you'll work with the Abstraction Operations team to support our growing remote workforce of abstractors - primarily nurses, tumor registrars, and clinical research professionals - who help us convert unstructured data to structured data by extracting key data points from clinical documents. As a Coordinator on the Abstraction Operations team, you will work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment, facing a variety of unique and challenging problems on a daily basis. You’ll be responsible for:
- Overseeing day-to-day communication with our remote abstractor workforce to support abstraction across multiple disease spaces
- Collaborating with the HR team to manage the onboarding and offboarding process
- Assisting in tracking and analyzing abstractor workforce performance to help make data-driven decisions and develop and refine processes
- Surfacing pain points reported by abstractors to drive improvements in our software platform
- Contributing to process and software enhancements to drive engagement and workforce retention
- Collaborating with the Abstraction Operations team to identify new or improved processes and workflows to assist the team in streamlining and scaling operations
- Independently supporting special projects, as needed
You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with and learn from members of the Clinical Abstraction, Clinical Data, HR, IT, and Product teams to help shape how we support and scale our growing remote abstractor workforce.
Who You Are
You have a strong operational mindset and experience working cross-functionally to support and improve on processes. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have experience working in an operations or tactical role
- You are proficient with Google Suite
- You are comfortable analyzing data with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- You are adaptable and able to quickly learn new software systems/tools
- You have excellent project management and organizational skills
- You exhibit impeccable attention to detail
- You have a problem-solving mindset and demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams
- You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced, growing technology environment
- You are passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience working in a startup environment
- You have healthcare experience
- You have past experience analyzing data using a statistical programming language (e.g., SQL)
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.