Corporate Operations Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Greater NYC Area
Freshly, an emerging leader in the fully prepared meal, direct-to-consumer category, is seeking a Corporate Operations Manager, Strategic Initiatives to facilitate the processes for prioritization, resource allocation, and performance measurement across the company. As the company executes its aggressive expansion plan, so does its complexity, the need for cross-departmental coordination and the potential for deploying processes for resource optimization. In particular the Corporate Operations Manager will be responsible for facilitating the process of maintaining the roadmap for the company’s large cross departmental initiatives (bets) that are critical for the company’s success.
We are seeking a high energy professional who has a vision for what's possible will thrive in the rapid growth, fast moving Freshly environment. The Corporate Operations Manager will be part of the continued build-out of its Corporate Operations function that has the critical objective of measure, track and coordinate (facilitate) the different departments towards the completion of company goals and objectives in order to make Freshly a world class company. The Corporate Operations Manager will report to the VP of Corporate Operations.
- Maintain, check progress and report on the current Company large interdepartmental initiatives (bets), roadmap, deadlines and current progress.
- Maintain a constant communication with the Company Departments to understand their current progress toward goals, resource allocation and future hiring plans.
- Design the process for submittals and approvals of big bets: be the liaison for Executive Sponsors, Steering Committees and bet Leaders.
- Determine the cadence, templates and other logistics for bet submittals and approvals.
- Coordinate the process and rituals for bet approval (quarterly, emergency steering committee or executive committee meetings).
- Maintain constant communication with stakeholders and executive team about the bets status.
- Design the process for bet kick-off and hand-off to bet team: once bets are approved, facilitate the assembly of the bet team assisting the Executive Sponsor, team lead, etc.
- Coordinate the kick off to bet lead and assignment of the committed resources of the different departments.
- Gather and report on progress of bets: templates, cadence and in general the information gathering process.
- Establish an escalation process for incidences on bet roadblocks, changes or deviations with respect to plan.
- Design process for submittals / approvals.
- Experienced: 3+ years in strategy, business operations, consulting, start up, or an equivalent field. You have a healthy balance of analytic, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Quantitative thinker: Proficiency in MS Excel & SQL (read: you’re a pro at joins), you have experience building forecast models, analyzing complex data sets to inform decisions.
- Strong problem solver: You effectively, creatively, and quickly solve complex problems. No problem is too big or too small. You have a love of getting your hands dirty and a talent for juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organized: You’re comfortable with ambiguity. You have a bias for action while maintaining attention to detail. You effectively prioritize multiple competing workflows. You know when to ask for support and you approach your work with a seize-the-day attitude. You know how to turn a mess into a process - and you love doing so.
- Always a team player: You're positive, optimistic, and willing to help out wherever needed. You support your team in brainstorming and always keep stakeholders up to date through your world-class verbal and written communication skills.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
- WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description