Customer Success Manager
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Manage the lease renewal process to maintain a high member renewal rate
- Execute touch points throughout the customer journey to ensure a smooth move-in and ongoing engagement
- Handle escalations beyond daily support, including interpersonal disputes between members and safety concerns
- Facilitate member requests to transfer between homes, including qualification and walkthrough of options
- Work closely with Experience Managers to execute on member feedback, service recovery, and surprise & delight initiatives
- Upsell of additional services
- Potential for quarterly travel to remote markets outside of our NYC HQ
- 2+ years experience in customer service, account management, social work, or a similar role
- Extreme level of empathy and ability to connect with people from all walks of life; ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations that will scale
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Self-starter that’s comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and able to make smart decisions quickly using both data and strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience managing a portfolio in Salesforce or similar CRM
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.