Director of Customer Experience (CX)
Do you believe that exceptional customer service is the hallmark of a good business? If you love making other people's lives easier, we want you on our team.
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC and the leader in revolutionizing the moving process for the millions of households who move each year. Moving is complicated, but it shouldn’t be. Our user base is growing like crazy, and we need a leader to continue to scale our Customer Experience team and keep our users happy!
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Experience to run and evolve the function overall. In this role, you will define customer service policies, set and track KPIs, create staffing models that align with the Updater business seasonality and our ability to support multiple business lines. Our ideal candidate prioritizes customer experience in their approach; recommends change; brings process innovation, possesses a strong sense of ownership while working cross-functionally and has the ability to act quickly and respond in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a roadmap and organizational plan that builds the support team structure, user flow, escalation strategy, and ongoing alignment with new product lines/features
- Lead hiring and on-boarding efforts when hiring new CX Associates
- Team/People management inclusive of both day to day coaching and an emphasis on career development
- Partner closely with internal cross-functional teams to ensure user-related issues are effectively communicated, the team is fully supported, and that company goals are met
- Develop a CSAT strategy and hit defined CSAT goals
What you’ll have:
- You’re a proven CX leader who can design and execute against a CX org plan in a multi-product environment
- Experience in a B2C environment supporting consumer-facing products
- You’ve hired, developed and lead a team of support specialists
- Experience with a variety of helpdesk software - ZenDesk, FreshDesk, Desk, etc
- Experience with multiple support channels web, email, phone, social, etc
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
- Attention to detail and a passion for excellent customer service
- Creative problem solving and an eagerness to work to develop solutions
- You have strong people leadership skills, exemplary customer service experience, and great at identifying operational improvements
- Good mix of strategic, analytical and tactical skills
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Hosting NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater was named a top 100 Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC twice and was ranked as the highest rated tech company on the list in 2016. In 2019, Updater was named as one of Built-In NYC’s Best Places to Work. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.