Director of Customer Experience
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Meetup's Customer Experience team is a diverse, creative group that knows every nook and cranny of Meetup, and they use that knowledge to coach and support Meetup members around the world. To keep the Meetup ecosystem humming, the team trades more than 18,000 emails with members each month: they answer questions, offer advice, hunt down defects, and reinforce Meetup's Community Guidelines. They welcome new Meetup groups to the platform, assess trust and safety reports, and act as the voice of the Meetup customer within the company.
They're a large, passionate, and ambitious team, and they need a dynamic leader to help shape the future of Meetup’s Customer Experience and drive Meetup’s customer loyalty.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Lead our Support, Policy and Integrity teams
- Define and execute the vision for ensuring that people around the world get problem-solving support, organizers get coaching on how to run great Meetups
- Be the voice of the customer which informs product creation
- Maintain and scale relationships with external vendors
- Work across teams to build tools to minimize customer effort
- Test innovative tactics to support customers at key moments in their Meetup journey to further drive results
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years leading large (30+), customer-facing teams
- A passion for Meetup and its mission
- Unyielding customer focus experience
- Experience scaling operations to support users during high growth periods
- Background in creating and/or enforcing complex policy
- Excitement about driving change and inspiring the people who work for you
- Strong strategic, quantitative, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working across teams to drive customer-facing results
If your experience fits some but not all of what’s listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?